|Title of the article
INTERCONNECTION BETWEEN THE STATUS OF A SUBJECT OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION
AND THE TYPE OF REGIONAL IDENTITY
Supikov Vadim Nikolaevich, Doctor of sociological sciences, professor, sub-department of public administration and regional sociology, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Eremina Ekaterina Vital'evna, Candidate of sociological sciences, associate professor, sub-department of public administration and regional sociology, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Background. In the Russian Federation there emerge different variants of regional uniqueness display. In this connection the study of social factors and specifics of regional identity formation is especially topical for understanding the essential characteristics of a region as a complex social system and the dynamics of regionalization in the modern Russia. The aim of the article is to single out main factors and specifics of regional identity formation, influencing its formation and trend the mst.
Materials and methods. Realization of research objectives was achieved on the basis of the analysis and comparison of life quality values and the index of human development by the example of the Republic of Mordovia and Penza region, as well as survey of the representatives of these subjects as the areas similar in criteria of socioeconomic geographic location. The methodology foundation is based on the structural-functional approach allowing on the structural level to consider the features of regional identity in the modern Russia and the factors determining its formation, as well as to reveal the importance of the latter for regional development.
Results. The authors researched the importance of social factors of formation of regional identity and suggest to structure the said factors taking into account their changeability and manageability into stable and relatively stable. The researchers also revealed the presence of interrelation between the political status of a region and the type of regional identity.
Conclusions. The research of objective and subjective indicators of regional socioeconomic development by the example of the Republic of Mordovia and Penza region allows to reveal the features of the process of regional identification in the said regions, as well as to determine interrelation between the status of a subject of the Russian Federation and the type of regional identity. These facts confirm the objective necessity of further study of regional identity of population in conditions of modernization in modern Russia.
region, regional identity, quality of life.
|| Download PDF
1. Krylov M. P. Sotsiologicheskie issledovaniya [Sociological research]. 2005, no. 3, pp. 13–23.
2. Guboglo M. N. Identifikatsiya identichnosti: Etnosotsiologicheskie ocherki [Personality identification: ethnosociological essays]. Moscow: Nauka, 2003.
3. Nozhenko N. M., Yargomskaya N. B. Politicheskaya nauka: Identichnost' kak faktor politiki i predmet politicheskoy nauki [Political science: Isentity as a factor of politics and a subject of political science]. Moscow: INION RAN, 2005.
4. Amelin V. V., Akhmetov R. G., Bravin A. D. et al. Asimmetrichnaya Federatsiya: vzglyad iz tsentra, respublik i oblastey [Asymmetric Federation: view from the center, republics and regions]. Moscow: Izd-vo In-ta sotsiologii RAN, 2000.
5. Formirovanie regional'noy identichnosti v usloviyakh sovremennoy Rossii: monogr. [Formation of regional identity in conditions of modern Russia: monograph]. Ed. by N. A. Kochelyaeva. Penza: Privolzhskiy Dom znaniy, 2012.
6. Eremina E. V. Teoriya i praktika obshchestvennogo razvitiya [Theory and practice of social development]. 2012, no. 5. Available at: http://www.teoria-practica.ru/-5-2012/ sociology/eremina.pdf
7. Supikov V. N., Tumakova K. E. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Povolzhskiy region. Obshchestvennye nauki [University proceedings. Volga region. Social sciences]. 2011, no. 3, pp. 89–99.
Дата создания: 25.09.2014 22:54
Дата обновления: 26.09.2014 09:44